We're on a mission to "Connect the real world with the digital world to improve lives”. To get there, we govern ourselves with a set of simple, yet powerful guiding principles.
We believe we make a difference to people’s lives.
We care about each other & our customers.
We challenge the Industry.
We deliver on our promises and have fun doing it.
What you will be doing
You will be expected to take responsibility for teams by:
- Providing leadership for a team for the installation of works associated with installing Business Enterprise, IoT and Fixed Wireless networks to residential and business dwellings
- Ensure the team are professional and diligent whilst carrying out all aspects of IoT, Fixed Wireless and Business Enterprise installations
- Ensuring the team achieve targets, KPIs and agreed activity levels are met.
- Ensuring the team maintain good attendance levels, maintain positive, helpful and professional attitudes and behaviours at all times - to customers and colleagues
- Ensuring the team are flexible in task allocations and being organised with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Ensuring self and others work at heights safely, follow company practices and adhere to Health and Safety legislation, company policies and culture code at all times
- Ensuring self and others fulfil all mandatory and professional training, as directed by the senior management team within agreed timescales
- Ensuring self and others carryout vehicle checks, participate in on-call duties and carryout tool checks
- Ability to understand and produce detailed industry-standard level of installation documentation
As well as being highly technical, this role can be physically demanding and requires plenty of manual work. Because of this, candidates need to be fit, strong and resilient.
Often you will be working outside in a wide range of weather conditions, so being the sort of person who can work in these environments is essential.
- Carrying out all aspects of Fixed wireless, IoT, Devices, Sensor and fibre installations
- Ordering and resource stock management, e.g. Anixter
- Maintaining tool kit e.g. clean and in good working condition
- Working in accordance to agreed safe working practices
- Incident reporting
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of Fibre and IoT, Business Technologies and installation techniques, including troubleshooting to resolve any operational issues
- Escalating any operational, safety, or other inappropriate actions or behaviours of the team to the Line Manager
- Maintaining customer satisfaction, resolve any concerns or issues
- Optimise productivity and performance of the team
- Full Driving licence
- Working at Heights
Essential skills, experience and competencies
- Internal and external fibre installations
- Understands basic principles of all other engineering disciplines including splicing and fixed wireless.
- Following specifications and instructions with attention to detail
- Maintaining good team working and contribute to the delivery of service to meet customer requirements
- Experience of working independently in all aspects of IoT, Devices, Sensors and Fibre installations and engineering, or equivalent
- Maintaining safe working practices and identifying engineering risks and associated solutions
- Industry Certification in Telecomms / FTTP installations
- Tree pruning
- Fibre Splicing Course
- Networking Qualification
- Relevant Fibre Engineering Credentials
- Advance Fibre Engineering
- Code Powers
- N34 Ribbon Fibre
- Fibre Ribbon Splicing
- EUSR Telecoms
- SA002 Safety Underground
- City & Guilds 3667-02 103 Fibre External Environments
- SA001 Safety Overhead including joint user poles
- Great Culture & Awesome People!
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Benefits
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Birthday Day Off
- Flexible Working
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Volunteer days
- Company events & awards
- Medicash - Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Program
Equality and Diversity
Connexin is committed to ensuring that all candidates for any role at Connexin are treated equally and with respect. We hire on the basis of “the right person for the role” and we never discriminate against any candidate on the grounds of :
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage or civil partnership
- Pregnancy or maternity
- Sexual Orientation
We will endeavour to accommodate any request in respect of any disability needs that any candidate may have.