We're on a mission to "Connect the real world with the digital world to improve lives”. To get there, we govern ourselves with a set of simple, yet powerful guiding principles.
We believe we make a difference to people’s lives.
We care about each other & our customers.
We challenge the Industry.
We deliver on our promises and have fun doing it.
We are seeking an experienced FTTP Installation Engineer to join our expanding teams at Connexin. The right candidate will be offered a Team Leader role following a probationary period. If you have the right experience, attitude and commitment and wanting to join a thriving, growing business, you are just the person we are looking for! Salary: £30k/£32k depending on experience and role appointed to.
- Work alone, or as part of a team responsible for installing fibre networks to residential and business dwellings
- Splicing fibre and testing at multiple points throughout the installation
- Adhere to Health and Safety legislation and company policies and culture code
- Maintain a positive, helpful and professional attitude and behaviours at all times - to customers and colleagues
- Flexible in task allocations and organised with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Carry out thorough daily vehicle and tool checks
- Carry out other tasks for other departments within Connexin e.g. IoT, Business Enterprise, Fibre Network, as required
As well as being highly technical, fibre optic engineering can be physically demanding and requires plenty of manual work, including working at heights. FTTP Fibre Engineers will be working outside in a wide range of weather conditions, so being the sort of person who can work in these environments is essential.
- Fibre Splicing Course
- Full Driving licence
- Relevant Fibre Engineering Credentials
- Industry Certification in Telecomms / FTTP installations
Essential skills and competencies
- Internal and external fibre installations
- Problem solving
- Working at a height
- Understands basic principles of all other engineering disciplines
- Following specifications and instructions with attention to detail
- At least 2 years of working independently in all aspects of FTTP installations and engineering
- Working alone and as part of a team in fibre engineering
- Maintaining safe working practices
- Fulfilling a similar role
- Advance Fibre Engineering
- NRSWA Traffic Management
- Great Culture & Awesome People!
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Benefits
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Birthday Day Off
- Flexible Working
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Volunteer days
- Company events & awards
- Medicash - Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Program
Equality and Diversity
Connexin is committed to ensuring that all candidates for any role at Connexin are treated equally and with respect. We hire on the basis of “the right person for the role” and we never discriminate against any candidate on the grounds of :
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage or civil partnership
- Pregnancy or maternity
- Sexual Orientation
We will endeavour to accommodate any request in respect of any disability needs that any candidate may have.