We're on a mission to "Connect the real world with the digital world to improve lives”. To get there, we govern ourselves with a set of simple, yet powerful guiding principles.
We believe we make a difference to people’s lives.
We care about each other & our customers.
We challenge the Industry.
We deliver on our promises and have fun doing it.
What you will be doing
The Junior Scrum Master coordinates delivery of development resources, knowledgeable in Agile methodology and Scrum and able to educate others. The Junior Scrum Master also act as a buffer between the Scrum / Kanban teams and Business Analysts and maintain a safe and efficient working environment for the team by helping to clear any blockers and resolve any conflicts.
- Work with the Software, Systems and Data team to estimate project effort and plan in the work
- Manage each project’s scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Be the point of contact for external communications (e.g. from customers or stakeholders)
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
- Produce sprint reports and keep stakeholders advised on progress
- Ensuring Jira, project boards and other PM tools are kept up to date
Essential skills and competencies
- Familiarity with software development
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Crystal, XP etc.)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritise work and project tasks
- A genuine passion for technology, bringing new ideas to the table on how we can improve our tech stack, processes and delivery
Must have an agile mindset - viewing challenges as opportunities for growth and change
- Experience in a scrum master role
- Comfortable using Jira and Confluence
- Experience of working in a continuous deployment environment (ideally agile / scrum)
GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Agile methodology qualifications
- PSM I or equivalent
- Degree or equivalent in computer-related subject
- Great Culture & Awesome People!
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Benefits
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Birthday Day Off
- Flexible Working
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Volunteer days
- Company events & awards
- Medicash - Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Program
Equality and Diversity
Connexin is committed to ensuring that all candidates for any role at Connexin are treated equally and with respect. We hire on the basis of “the right person for the role” and we never discriminate against any candidate on the grounds of :
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage or civil partnership
- Pregnancy or maternity
- Sexual Orientation
We will endeavour to accommodate any request in respect of any disability needs that any candidate may have.